Saturday, March 03, 2007



Another Hollywood Moment

Presenting my most recent attempt at recreating a little "Hollywood Magic!" I always enjoy experimenting with a new lighting technique - I get a thrill out of challenging myself to de-construct an image, figure out where lighting was placed, the how and the whys of it all and then attempt to duplicate it, finally adding it to my lighting repetoire. (Hey, I'm funny that way!) Lately I've been entranced by the work of the early Hollywood photographers, well-known names like George Hurrell and not-so-well known artists like Ruth Harriet Louise. Portrait artists like these were responsible for crafting the stars' public image, polishing it to a high gloss and holding it up for their fans to admire. These wonderful portraits are even more amazing considering the challenges of the equipment used at the time - hot tungsten lights and slow film emulsions meant an exposure measured in minutes rather than seconds! Every portrait was a well-thought out, planned production and that care and craftsmanship shines through in the evocative images created by these artists. I aspire to emulate these dedicated photographers and hope my commitment to craft shows through in every image I create, whether for myself or for my clients.

Looking for models...

I'm looking for models, male and female, to continue to refine my skills using this "look" - in exchange I offer some free prints and promise a fun time! If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me via email in the next couple of weeks. I want to mention that "youth" is NOT a requirement for modeling - I would be THRILLED to work with "mature" men or women for this particular look! If you've ever fantasized about being a Hollywood star, here's your chance to play...

1 comment:

Amber Shereen said...

I love your hollywood glamour shots! Especially the one above! Wow! It is awesome! Perfect!

Amber