Friday, August 05, 2011























A Chance Encounter

I was sitting on my deck with a friend, enjoying the after-glow of a long hike when she remarked how colorful the sunset sky was becoming. I know a photo cue when I hear one, so I went inside the house, grabbed my camera and walked to the corner for an unobstructed view of Mt. Hood and the sunset. There we met up with fellow sunset chasers, Christina and her young daughter. 

Now landscape photography is not my usual thing and I greatly admire those who do it well - I do not include myself in that category! But with such a scene before us, it was not difficult to capture some of Nature's glory. Since I'm first and foremost a people photographer, I naturally gravitated to Christina's charming daughter - I honestly like my quickie portrait of her far more than my shot of Mt. Hood, lol!

No comments: