Sunday, May 16, 2010







Trash the (Prom) Dress!

"Trash the Dress" sessions have become very popular with some brides - an artistic free-for-all portrait session for the bride in her wedding gown taken days AFTER the wedding. (Don't believe me?! Just Google "trash the dress" and prepared to be amazed at some of the wonderfully creative images you will see!) I've always thought it would be fun to do something similar for young women and their prom dresses - breathe easy, no dresses were harmed during the production of this session, lol! (well, nothing a little dry cleaning won't fix...)

Once again Lily and Nancy got in front of my camera, this time out at Horsetail Falls - both were fabulous and fearless in the face of freezing cold water, blowing mist and the eyes of countless tourists (who no doubt wondered why the heck that crazy photographer was making those gorgeous girls pose in the water!)...thank you SO MUCH, gals, for playing along with me with such fearlessness and sense of FUN! A special thank you to Julie, an exchange student at HRVHS from Milan, Italy, for filling in as my photo assistant - so sorry I froze your toes off!

No comments: