Tuesday, March 30, 2010





Preserving Memories

I recently had the opportunity to work with a lovely gal who has been tracking her family's genealogy - while digging into the past, she has uncovered a wealth of old family photos. Unfortunately, many images have suffered damage due to being improperly stored so she came to me for help in repairing them. While this kind of work isn't something I advertise, it IS something I really enjoy doing. I get a real thrill out of helping to bring the past back to life!

Here's just one sample: her own father's portrait from his days in the Navy - still a work in process (will eventually create an image without the handwritten note that she will then print and frame), but I'm proud of the work and so very happy to give her back this wonderful portrait of her father as a young man!

If you have priceless family photos that have been damaged, consider bringing them back to life through professional photo restoration. Our family photos are the touchstones of our personal history - your children and your children's children will be glad you did!

No comments: