Thursday, November 27, 2008
I am thankful today and every day for the unwavering love and support of Steve, my hunky husband of 22 years.
I am thankful for the old friends that have stuck with me through the wild ride that's been the last 30 years: Alica, Lucy, Maia - I am so blessed to be able to name three BFFs!
I am grateful to photography, for giving me a way to express myself and a channel for touching many lives in a positive and meaningful way.
Photography has also brought me talented and generous mentors who I can also count as dear friends:
• EJ Knapp, who wields a pen now with the same artistry he brought to his photography - check out his blog and see for yourself.
• Jay Jones, THE most versatile and creative photographer I have ever met (truly the "McGyver" of Photography!) - I am so proud to be a part of his "family".
• Bob Weaver, for his incredible depth of knowledge of studio lighting that he has so patiently shared with me and the many creative collaborations we enjoy.
• Monte Zucker, who not only taught me how to grow as a portrait artist, but helped me grow as a human being as well.
Which leads me to all the wonderful people I've met at clients over the years and who have become friends - that's the highest compliment I could receive as a photographer!
I am grateful for the new friends I've made here in Hood River:
• Louise McCulloch - World's Best Realtor, with a Green Thumb that she exercises with great enthusiasm!
• Tammy Kravitz - a FABULOUS photographer in Washougal, WA, who I first met in a photography forum online and who has become both friend and working partner.
• Kate Brownback - we met through Soroptimist International of Hood River and NEVER EVER EVER have I met a woman so filled with positive energy and creativity! (I am so glad she uses her super-powers for good!) Plus her two adorable children are my favorites models evah!
And last but not least, I am thankful for Susan and Roy York of Carson, WA, breeders of extraordinary Airedales, for the World's Bestest Puppy, Sofie! I can't remember what my life was like before she came along, but I know it's oh so much better now!
May you spend the holiday surrounded by family, friends, love and laughter!