Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am SO excited to discover what lies ahead in 2007! The old year was so filled with changes, new home, new studio, new friends - I'm still very thrilled to be here, marveling every day at the beauty that surrounds me.

And the people are FANTASTIC! For 18 years I only knew Hood River as a visitor, and often commented on how friendly people were, how they smiled so readily at a stranger - remember, I was a Big City Girl back then. Now I move through the everyday motions of living (grocery shopping, going to the Post Office, taking a walk) and I find that the people I encounter on a daily basis aren't just putting on a happy face for a tourist - they are genuinely kind-hearted, open and friendly folk. Maybe I've lived in the City too long, but I can't help but feel it's a privilege to live among such caring and friendly (I can't stop using that word!) people - thanks for this first 6 months, Hood River! I am looking forward to the years to come...

Gratefully yours,
Denise

No comments: